Maldives Centre for Islamic Finance Ltd. (MCIF) was established on 24th March 2016 as a 100% Government owned company with head office based in Maldives.
Our main purpose is to link Islamic Finance industry in Maldives to international markets.
- Operate as a regional Islamic Finance Center having representatives based in different parts of the world.
- Lead in promoting Islamic finance through policy engagements and capacity building initiatives while focusing on the innovative product development.
- Assist the issuance of cross-border Islamic financial instruments for infrastructure projects and development projects by pooling funds in the region.
- Maldives with more flexible legal and financial infrastructure makes it one of the ideal destinations to have a regional financial center.
- Maldives enjoys a friendly relationship with all the countries in SAARC region and Middle East and major economic powers such as China.
- The geographical location and easy visa arrangements that the country has, gives Maldives a competitive advantage over rest of the players in the region.
To be a self-sustained leader and preferred partner in promoting Islamic Finance in Maldives and South Asia region.
To be the Center for Islamic Finance in Maldives and South Asia region through innovative Islamic finance product offerings, fund management, advisory, research, knowledge sharing, enhancement of financial inclusion within the region and development of talent pools in a sustainable manner in the most cost effective way.